Patches and updates
ArcGIS 10.0 SP2 (Desktop) Schematics Migration Patch
The setup for this patch has been replaced to address additional scenarios where NIM071433 might occur with user data.
If you have installed the Schematics Migration Patch prior to August 19, 2011, you will need to
- Uninstall the old version of the ArcGIS 10.0 SP2 (Desktop) Schematics Migration Patch
- Download the new version of the ArcGIS 10.0 SP2 (Desktop) Schematics Migration Patch
- Install the new ArcGIS 10.0 SP2 (Desktop) Schematics Migration Patch
Esri® announces the ArcGIS 10.0 SP2 (Desktop) Schematics Migration Patch. This patch addresses a migration problem when using Oracle databases and a 9.3.1 configuration that contains long attribute names. It deals specifically with the issues listed below under Issues Addressed with this Patch.
Issues Addressed with this Patch
- NIM071433 - Schematic Migration into Oracle server fails when an attribute has a name exceeding 30 characters.
Files Installed in this Patch
- Under the Windows <ArcGIS Installation Directory>\bin folder:
Installing this Patch on Windows
- System Administrators - A technical paper is available that discusses the enterprise deployment of ArcGIS 10 setups using Microsoft® Systems Management Server (SMS) and Group Policy, including additional system requirements, suggestions, known issues, and Microsoft Software Installation (MSI) command line parameters. Deployment in a lockdown environment is also covered. ArcGIS 10 Enterprise Deployment.
ArcGIS 10.0 (Desktop, Engine, Server) Service Pack 2 must be installed before you can install this patch.
- Download the appropriate file to a location other than your ArcGIS installation location.
ArcGIS Desktop Gis10sp2-DT-SM-Patch.msp
- Make sure you have write access to your ArcGIS installation location.
- Double-click Gis10sp2-DT-SM-Patch.msp to start the install process.
NOTE: If double clicking on the MSP file does not start the Patch installation, you can start the Patch installation manually by using the following command:
msiexec.exe /p [location of Patch]\Gis10sp2-DT-SM-Patch.msp
- When Setup starts, follow the instructions on your screen.
Check the ArcGIS Resource Center periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this Patch will be posted here.
- August 23, 2011: The setup for this patch has been replaced to address additional scenarios where NIM071433 might occur with user data.
How to identify which Patch is installed
To find out what ArcGIS products are currently installed on your machine, download the PatchFinder.exe utility and run it from your local machine.
To find out what ArcGIS products are currently installed on your machine, download and extract the PatchFinder utility and run it from your local machine.
Domestic sites, please contact Esri Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this Patch. International sites, please contact your local Esri software distributor.
Get help from ArcGIS experts
Download the Esri Support App