Patches and updates
ArcGIS 10.0 SP1 (Desktop) Load Objects Command Patch
ESRI® announces the ArcGIS 10.0 SP1 (Desktop) Load Objects Command Patch. This patch addresses an issue introduced at 10.0 Service Pack 1 that caused the Load Objects Command to crash ArcMap. The patch deals specifically with the issue listed below under Issues Addressed with this Patch.
- NIM062842 - Load Objects command crashes ArcMap in 10.0 Service Pack 1.
Description: The Load Objects command imports shapefiles, coverages, CAD files, and other feature data types into geodatabase feature classes that are being edited in ArcMap. After installing ArcGIS 10.0 (Desktop) Service Pack 1, clicking the Load Objects command crashes ArcMap. This patch resolves the issue so the Load Objects command and its wizard can be used.
- Windows <ArcGIS Product Installation Directory>\bin:
ArcGIS 10.0 Service Pack 1 must be installed before you can install this Patch.
- Download the appropriate file to a location other than your ArcGIS installation location.
ArcGIS Desktop ArcGIS-DT-10SP1-LoadObjectsCmd-Patch.msp
- Make sure you have write access to your ArcGIS installation location, and that no one is using ArcGIS.
- Double-click ArcGIS-DT-10SP1-LoadObjectsCmd-Patch.msp to start the install process.
NOTE: If double clicking on the MSP file does not start the Patch installation, you can start the Patch installation manually by using the following command:
msiexec.exe /p [location of Patch]\ArcGIS-DT-10SP1-LoadObjectsCmd-Patch.msp
- When Setup starts, follow the instructions on your screen.
- System Administrators - A technical paper is available that discusses the enterprise deployment of ArcGIS 10 setups using Microsoft® Systems Management Server (SMS) and Group Policy, including additional system requirements, suggestions, known issues, and Microsoft Software Installation (MSI) command line parameters. Deployment in a lockdown environment is also covered. ArcGIS 10 Enterprise Deployment.
Check ArcGIS Resource Center periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this Patch will be posted here.
To find out what ArcGIS products are currently installed on your machine, download the PatchFinder utility and run it from your local machine.
Domestic sites, please contact ESRI Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this Patch. International sites, please contact your local ESRI software distributor.