Patches and updates
ArcGIS 10.0 (Desktop) Add Globalids in ArcView patch
ESRI® announces the ArcGIS 10.0 (Desktop) Add Globalids in ArcView patch. This patch modifies the licensing for the Add Global IDs command and Add Global IDs geoprocessing tool making them available with ArcView. The patch deals specifically with the issues listed below under Issues Addressed with this Patch.
- NIM059890 - Allow the Add Global IDs command to work in catalog and GP with an ArcView license.
- NIM060530 - Change the license level of Add Global IDs tool to ArcView.
Description: With an ArcView license, the Add Global IDs command and the Add Global IDs geoprocessing tool should be enabled for use on a file geodatabase or a personal geodatabase. This fix ensures that these tools are enabled for those database types.
- Windows <ArcGIS Product Installation Directory>\bin:
ArcGIS 10.0 must be installed before you can install this Patch.
- Download the appropriate file to a location other than your ArcGIS installation location.
ArcGIS Desktop ArcGIS-DT-10-GDB-Patch.msp
- Make sure you have write access to your ArcGIS installation location, and that no one is using ArcGIS.
- Double-click ArcGIS-<Product>-10-GDB-Patch.msp to start the install process.
NOTE: If double clicking on the MSP file does not start the Patch installation, you can start the Patch installation manually by using the following command:
msiexec.exe /p [location of Patch]\ArcGIS-<Product>-10-GDB-Patch.msp
- When Setup starts, follow the instructions on your screen.
- System Administrators - A technical paper is available that discusses the enterprise deployment of ArcGIS 10 setups using Microsoft® Systems Management Server (SMS) and Group Policy, including additional system requirements, suggestions, known issues, and Microsoft Software Installation (MSI) command line parameters. Deployment in a lockdown environment is also covered. ArcGIS 10 Enterprise Deployment.
Check Online Support Center periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this Patch will be posted here.
To find out what ArcGIS products are currently installed on your machine, download the PatchFinder utility and run it from your local machine.
Domestic sites, please contact ESRI Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this Service Pack. International sites, please contact your local ESRI software distributor.