Patches and updates
3D Analyst SketchUp 3D Symbol Support
The free download adds support for SketchUp files as supported 3D symbols that can be imported into ArcGIS 3D Anlayst.
This download allows 3D models in SketchUp format (*.skp) to be imported for 3D marker symbols just as the other already supported 3D model formats. Also, at the ArcObjects level, you could write customization scripts to import SketchUp models as well. Please consult the 3D Symbology chapter of the Using ArcGIS 3D Analyst book for information on how to import 3D models as 3D symbols.
Operating System: Windows NT 4 sp 6a, Windows 2000 Professional, Windows XP Professional or Windows XP Home Edition
ArcGIS Software: ArcGIS 9.0 Final (available service packs optional)
The ArcGIS 3D Analyst SketchUp Support installation requires ArcGIS 9.0. The following files are added to the ArcGIS 9.0 install location.
- Make sure you have write access to your ArcGIS installation location and that no one is using any of the ArcGIS software products at the time of installation.
- Log in as a user with administrative privileges.
- Close all applications running on your computer.
- Download the ArcGISSketchUp file (3 MB, self-extracting .exe format) to a location other than your ArcGIS Desktop installation location.
- Locate the ArcGISSketchUp file
- Double-click ArcGISSketchUp.exe to start the installation.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the software installation.
None at this time.
Domestic sites, please contact ESRI Technical Support at 909.793.3774, if you have any difficulty installing this Service Pack. International sites, please contact your local ESRI software distributor.