With the release of ArcGIS Pro 3.1, the Enrich Layer tool begins using updated methodology to create field names for variables selected from Statistical Data Collections in the output feature class. Specifically, the custom data collection item ID will no longer be appended to the begining of the variable name, resulting in shorter field names.
An example of this change is as follows:
- Field Name prior to ArcGIS Pro 3.1: Postcodes4_pc4_POSTAL_sdcx_TOTPOP_CY
- Field Name, starting at ArcGIS Pro 3.1: TOTPOP_CY
This change may be problematic for users who set up scripts or workflows based on the legacy field names.
If the updated field names are problematic, you can override the changes. To do so, create one or both of the registry keys listed in the steps below, and set the names and values as follows:
- Open Registry Editor by typing Registry Editor in your windows search box.
- Create one or both of the following registry keys:
- Note: Changes introduced from this key only apply to the current user.
- Note: Changes introduced from this key apply to all users. This requires administrator access.
- Name new registry keys UseLongFieldNames
- Give the new registry keys values of False/True
- Set the value to False to override the change to shorter field names.