Time in the date field of a time-enabled feature service cannot be edited in ArcGIS Online. In some instances, using the Dojo Calendar widget to edit data in the date field results in the error, "The value entered is not valid."
This is a known limitation. The current ArcGIS Online version does not support editing time values in the date field.
Below are workaround options:
- Edit the date field with the time properties in ArcMap, and synchronize the edits to ArcGIS Online.
1. From My Hosted Services, add a hosted feature service to ArcMap.
2. In the Table of Contents > Edit Features > Create Local Copy for Editing, right-click the hosted feature service group layer.
3. Edit the time in the date field.
4. In the Table of Contents > Edit Features > Synchronize Local Edits with Server, right-click the group layer.
- Enable editor tracking. For more information, refer to the following documentation, ArcGIS Online Help: Allow others to alter hosted feature layers.
This option only saves last edited time; hence, an earlier time cannot be set.
- Use string data type to collect time information to make the values editable in ArcGIS Online. Convert the string values to the date format before publishing to ArcGIS Online to allow a feature service to be time-enabled in ArcGIS Online. To do this, refer to the following documentation, ArcMap Help: Converting string or numeric time values into date format.