When geocoding addresses using the ArcGIS Online World Geocoding Service in ArcMap, the service returns an error message.
"There was an error trying to process this table. ArcGIS Online subscription is required for geocoding the table of addresses"
This issue occurs due to one of the following reasons:
• The user is signed in with an ArcGIS Online public account.
• The data or map document is corrupted.
• Sign in using an ArcGIS Online for Organizational account.
If the user does not have an ArcGIS Online Organizational account, create an ArcGIS Online Organizational trial account.
By using a trial account, 5000 locations can be geocoded using 200 ArcGIS Online service credits.
• If this issue still occurs after signing in using the ArcGIS Online Organization account, follow the instructions provided below.
1. Convert the CSV table to a dBASE table.
2. Open a new map document.
3. Add the dBASE file to the map document, and geocode the addresses.
• Repair or recreate the data or the map document.