Adding a distributed Server Object Container machine as a Host Machine on Solaris or Linux, ArcGIS Server Manager displays the following error message:
"The server threw an exception."
The possible causes are:
· The ArcGIS Server SOM owner user account is not added to the ArcGIS Server users.
· The ArcGIS Server SOC owner user account is not added to the ArcGIS Server users.
The SOM and SOC owner accounts are OS level user accounts that own the ArcGIS Server files and processes. By default, these users are not added to the ArcGIS Server users list in manager. For more information on user management on Solaris or Linux, see the link to the ArcGIS Server help in the Related Information section below.
Solution or Workaround
- Log in to ArcGIS Server Manager.
- Select the 'GIS Server' tab and click 'Users' on the left-hand side.
- Verify if the owner user accounts of the ArcGIS Server SOM and the remote ArcGIS Server SOC installation are in the list of users.
- To add a user, click 'Add users' and enter the user name, password and group information. Save the changes.
- After the required user accounts have been added to ArcGIS Server, add a distributed Server Object Container machine as a Host Machine.
- For a SOM fail-over scenario where multiple SOM machines are associated with more than one Host (SOC) Machines, repeat steps 1 through 6 by logging into ArcGIS Server Manager for each SOM.