The Spatial Analyst Density function returns the following message:
The input dataset may contain a Null or Empty geometry. That is, there is a record without a corresponding feature.
Solution or Workaround
You will need to identify which records have null geometry so you can delete the records.
- Navigate to ArcToolBox > Data Management Tools > Features > Add XY Coordinates
- Open the tool and add your input features. Select OK.
- When the tool completes, open the attribute table. Sort ascending on the field Point_X that was added to the table.
- Any record with a value of 1 in this field, identifies which records have Null geometry. Start an edit session, select these records and delete them. Stop and save your edits.
- Run the Density function again on the repaired dataset.