Attempts to create a mobile map package (.mmpk file) using the Create Mobile Map Package tool in ArcGIS Pro fail without a specific error.
- Insufficient storage space on the output machine.
- The map used to create the mobile map package contains invalid layer types such as dimension feature classes and topology layers.
- Invalid definition queries exist on the map. Creating .mmpk files may fail if there are definition queries in layers referencing a non-existent field or a definition query with no effect. An invalid definition query may exists if a join was removed, or if ArcFM was used to create fields, and ArcFM fields were removed or their names modified. If the tool is run on an SQLite database, the tool returns an error when encountering any of the invalid definition queries.
- The Network Analyst extension is not licensed or enabled when creating a mobile map package containing network datasets.
Solution or Workaround
Use one of the following solutions depending on the cause.
- Free more space on the machine.
- Remove all invalid layer types on the map. A mobile map package only supports feature layers, raster layers, raster tile, and vector tile layers.
- Remove unnecessary definition queries. Refer to ArcGIS Pro: Filter features with definition queries for more information.
- Enable the Network Analyst extension. Refer to ArcGIS Pro: Use extensions for more information, or purchase the license for Network Analyst extension.