No list of services or folders is shown when the server REST endpoint URL has been entered and internal services on ArcGIS Explorer Online are accessed.
The ArcGIS Explorer Online client application cannot access the server URL or the clientaccesspolicy.xml hosted on the server machine due to the current firewall and Internet Explorer security configuration.
Solution or Workaround
The following troubleshooting points address issues that may prevent internal services on ArcGIS Explorer Online from being accessed.
- Verify that the clientaccesspolicy.xml has been configured correctly and that a fully qualified domain name is being used to access the GIS server.
The technical article How to: Add an internal ArcGIS Server service to ArcGIS Explorer Online addresses both of these issues.
- If a proxy server is used, verify that the client machine is able to access the following URLs:
- Use the Fiddler tool to track the request URLs sent from ArcGIS Explorer Online to access the server and services.
The request URL below is tracked in Fiddler with an http 500 internal server error.
GET http://www.arcgis.com/sharing/proxy?http://<yourserver.domain.com>/ArcGIS/rest/services/<name of the service>/MapServer?f=json
This request will not succeed unless the server URL is publicly accessible. For internal server/services, this request will be unsuccessful.
- Add the server's fully qualified URL
to trusted site list on Internet Explorer.
1. Go to Internet Explorer > Tools > Internet Options > Security tab.
2. Click Trusted sites > Sites > type 'http://<yourserver.domain.com>' and click Add.
3. Open a new Internet Explorer window and access ArcGIS Explorer Online