After setting up the JSP sample "AdvancedViewer" to work successfully with the sample data, you can edit the default.jsp to point AdvancedViewer to any image map service. However, if you point AdvancedViewer to a map service containing one or more image layers, you may get back an error page when you try to open AdvancedViewer in a browser. The default error page starts with the text, "Please make sure that each of the following are correct:".
The parsing function in the JSP sample is not designed for AXL responses that reference image layers.
Solution or Workaround
In order to make the sample work for a map service that has Image layers, two modifications are needed within the arcims_jspbeans.jar file.
The updated version of arcims_jspbeans.jar, complete with the needed modifications, can be downloaded from the Related Information section at the end of this article.
If you want to know what changes were made to the arcims_jspbeans.jar file, those changes are described in the ReadMe21727 document. ReadMe21727 is available in the Related Information section below.
The steps for using the modified arcims_jspbeans.jar file are as follows:
- Download the arcims_jspbeans.jar file from the Related Information section below.
- Use the downloaded JAR file to replace the one currently in use. To find the arcims_jspbeans.jar file currently being used, you may want to:
- consult the Java_JSP_Samples_setup.htm file;
- consult Step 3 of ESRI Knowledge Base article "Set up ArcIMS AppServerLink and JSP Samples on Windows" in the Related Information section below;
- search your hard drive.
- Once you replaced your existing arims_jspbeans.jar file with the downloaded copy, stop and restart your servlet engine. In some cases, this is done by stopping and restarting your web server service or daemon. Consult your servlet engine or webserver documentation for more details.