The ESRI or ArcGIS License Manager service fails and/or license becomes unavailable when printing via a parallel cable.
There are two possible causes to this problem:
· The parallel port has both a Sentinel hardware key for the ESRI or ArcGIS License Manager as well as a parallel cable for printing.
· The Sentinel System Driver parallel hardware setting may be set to use the parallel port even though the a USB hardware key is being used for the ESRI or ArcGIS License manager.
1. Open the SetupSysDriver.exe. If Sentinel driver is version 5.41 or 5.42, this file will reside in:
C:\Program Files\Rainbow Technologies\Sentinel System Driver
If the Sentinel driver is version 7.x+, this file will reside in:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Safenet Sentinel\System Driver
2. In the Sentinel System Driver dialog box, click the Configure Driver button.
3. In the Sentinel Driver dialog box, select the line that has a Port Type 'ECP' and then click the Edit Button.
4. In the Configure Port dialog box, make sure that the 'No' radio button is selected 'Use this port?'. Click OK and close the Sentinel System Driver.