The Harvesting Tool does not retrieve a list of registered repositories from the Portal when the 'Configure from DB' button is clicked on the Options tab.
When the Harvesting Tool is installed, certain .dlls may not get registered correctly. Because those .dlls are unregistered, the Harvesting Tool is unable to retrieve the list of registered repositories from the Portal.
Another scenario where this happens is when the Harvesting Service is installed after the Harvesting Tool. Although the .dlls may have initially been properly registered, installation of the Harvesting Service causes a problem with some .dlls.
Solution or Workaround
Before proceeding, verify the settings in the 'Publish' tab of the Harvesting Tool to ensure the connection information to the Portal has been correctly specified. The default URL for GPT 9.3 is:
The username and password of an account having publisher or administrator privileges also has to be provided.
If the information was correctly filled out and the list was still not retrieved, then it is necessary to unregister and re-register the .dll's for the Harvesting Tool.
It is not necessary to uninstall the Harvesting Tool to unregister and re-register the .dlls for the Harvesting Tool.
- Make sure that the Harvesting Tool is not open. If it is, close it before proceeding.
- Navigate to the file location where the Harvesting Tool is installed. For example: C:\Program Files\ESRI\Portal\Harvesting_Tool\bin.
- In the 'bin' folder, double-click 'UnRegister.cmd' to run it. This command unregisters all the .dll's associated with the Harvesting Tool. A command window may open and messages associated with the .dlls may be scrolling through, one at a time.
- From the same 'bin' folder, find the 'Register.cmd' file and double-click it. This command registers all the .dll's, including the ones that failed to register when the Harvesting Tool was initially installed. A command window may open and messages associated with registering the .dlls may be scrolling through.
- Launch the Harvesting Tool, and fill out the appropriate information for the Portal in the Publish tab. On the Options tab, when clicking the 'Configure from DB' button, the window that opens should now display repositories from the Portal.