** Internal Publish Only! This article may contain information that is not intended for external circulation. **
An annotation feature class contains a text item with a width of approximately 2.1 billion that cannot be deleted.
This is a problem caused by a third-party software called ICOMAP.
Solution or Workaround
- In ArcCatalog, right-click the annotation feature class and select Export > Geodatabase to Coverage.
- Enter an output coverage and subclass name.
- Click OK.
- Right-click the new coverage annotation feature class and select Properties.
- Click the Items tab.
- Highlight the invalid item and click the Delete button.
- Click Apply and click OK.
- Convert the coverage annotation to geodatabase annotation using the 'Convert Coverage Annotation' tool in ArcMap. Instructions for performing this conversion can be found in the ArcGIS help under Contents tab > Geodatabases > Managing Annotation > Converting coverage and SDE 3 annotation to geodatabase annotation.