ESRI Add-Ins and Developer Help do not appear with .NET2003.
.NET2003 is not supported with ArcGIS 8.3.
.NET2003 is supported with ArcGIS 9.x.
.NET2002 is supported with ArcGIS 8.3.
Solution or Workaround
Add the Help and ESRI Add-Ins to .NET2003 by modifying the ArcObjects Developer Kit install file DevSamples.msi
To prevent removal of the ArcObjectsDeveloperKit/Help, users may want to copy the ArcObjectsDeveloperKit/Help directory prior to uninstalling. The ArcObjectsDeveloperKit/Help directory containing the .chm files is installed by ArcGIS setup, not the ArcObjects Developer Help install.
- Download a hexeditor. Select one of the many free hexeditors that can be downloaded from the web.
- Uninstall ArcObjects Developer Help.
- Copy ArcObjects Developer Help Install directory to the hard drive.
- Start hexeditor.
- Open DevSamples.msi with the hexeditor.
- Search and replace '7.0' with '7.1' for references to .NET and ArcObjects Developer Help on the following hex-editor address lines:
- Install the Developer Kit from the hard drive by running SetUp.exe.