Occasionally errors can arise when trying to connect to a database on an AS/400 using a HIT Technologies driver.
This is due to an incompatibility with the winsock32.dll in the Arcview startup script.
Solution or Workaround
Use HIT ODBC drivers with SQL connect
- Start Windows Explorer.
- Navigate to where Arcview is installed.
- Open the Startup file in the AV_GIS30/Arcview/ETC directory in a text editor such as Notepad or WordPad.
- Find the following lines:
if (FN.FindInSystemSearchPath("wsock32.dll) <> nil) then
- Comment out those lines by inserting a single quotation mark at the beginning of each line.
- Save the file as Startup.
Use Windows Explorer to make sure the text editor did not add a .txt extension to the file.
- Restart your computer.
- Retry the SQL connection.