An INFO image catalog created in ArcInfo Workstation is converted to dBASE format using the Export / INFO to dBASE option in ArcCatalog. The resulting file is not recognized as a raster catalog.
In the conversion from INFO to dBASE format, an underscore character is placed after the IMAGE field name in the dBASE file.
Solution or Workaround
There are two solutions to the problem.
The first is to load the file into an application that can edit dBASE files, such as Microsoft Excel. Edit the 'Image_' field to 'Image', and save the file. The raster catalog should appear correctly in ArcMap and ArcCatalog.
The second solution is described below:
- Add the dBASE (*.dbf) file to ArcMap.
- Right-click the file in the TOC and select the Open option.
- In the Options list, select Add Field. Make sure the dbf file is not being accessed by ArcCatalog or any other application.
- In the Add Field dialog, type IMAGE in the Name field, and select Text for the Type. Make sure the Length Field Property is large enough to accommodate the image path. A new field called IMAGE will be added to the table.
- Right-click the new field in the attribute table and select Calculate Values from the list. Click Yes at the Field Calculator prompt. This will bring up the Field Calculator window.
- Double-click the 'IMAGE_' entry in the Fields list. Click OK. Doing this will populate the IMAGE field with the entries from 'IMAGE_'.
- Close the attribute table and remove the dbf file from the TOC.
When you add the file next, it should display as a regular raster catalog.