Data type double fields in an Access 97 file are displayed in the ArcMap as data type integer.
This is a known issue when the connection to the Access 97 file was made with the Microsoft OLE DB provider for ODBC drivers.
Solution or Workaround
- Right-click the table in the ArcMap Table of Contents window to bring up the context menu and click Properties.
- Select the field that is incorrectly formatted.
- Click Format and change the number of decimal places to show in the table window.
- Click OK to accept changes.
- Click Apply to commit the changes.
- Click OK to close the Properties dialog box.