This problem is addressed in ArcGIS 8.1 Service Pack 1. See Related Information section to download this pack.Data stored in the Behrmann coordinate system can be added to the data frame but no features appear in the data view.
This is a known issue with the Behrmann coordinate system in ArcGIS 8.1.
Solution or Workaround
Project the data to a custom coordiante system based on the Cylindrical_Equal_Area projection.
- Start ArcToolbox.
- Expand the Data Management Tools tree.
- Expand the Projections tree.
- Double-click the Projections Wizard icon.
In order to change the projection of a coverage, grid, or TIN, you must have ArcInfo workstation installed and have the ArcInfo license active.
- Select the data you want to project and click Next.
- Specify an output file and click Next.
- Click the Set Coordinate System button.
- Click the Select button on the Spatial Reference Properties dialog box.
- Select Project Coordinate Systems > World > Behrmann and click the Add button.
- Click the Modify button on the Spatial Reference Properties dialog box. A Projected Coordinate System Properties dialog box will appear.
- Type World_Behrmann_Workaround in the Name field.
- Change the Name dropdown list to Cylindrical_Equal_Area.
- Type 30 under the Value column for Standard_Parallel_1.
- Click the Apply and OK buttons on the Projected Coordinate System Properties dialog box.
- Click the Apply and OK buttons on the Spatial Reference Properties dialog box.