When using Add XY Data to add a Microsoft Access 2000 table as an event layer no data appears in an ArcMap document.
The Access table has spaces in its name.
Solution or Workaround
There are several solutions to this issue.
- Using ArcCatalog:
1. Copy and paste the table.
2. Delete the original table.
- Through an OLE DB Connection:
1. Make a connection to the Access database.
2. Add the table to Arcmap.
3. Right-click the table > Display XY Data.
4. Select the proper fields for X and Y text boxes.
5. Click OK.
- By renaming the table:
1. Open Microsoft Access.
2. Right-click the table > Rename.
3. Rename the table without spaces.