Connecting to the Workflow Manager Server Object URL (http://<server>/wmrest) returns the following error message:
"HTTP Error 500 Internal server error".
This error occurs because the 'WMREST' Web site is set up to use an Application pool that does not enable a 32-bit application to be run on the 64-bit server machine.
Solution or Workaround
Use the steps below to enable a 32-bit application pool in IIS 7.
- Log in to the server and open IIS Manager.
- On the Connections pane, expand the server node and click 'Application Pools'.
- Right-click and select 'Advanced Settings' on the application pool that is being used for the 'WMREST' site. It is recommended to use the Classic .NET Application pool.
- On the Advanced Settings dialog box, change 'Enable 32-bit applications' to 'True'.
- Click OK.
- Restart IIS and connect to the Workflow Manager Server Object URL in a Web browser.