There are many ways to trap SOAP requests and responses. Instructions provided describe one method using Web Service Enhancements (WSE) 2.0 with Visual Studio 2003.
These steps may also work with Visual Studio 2005 and WSE 3.0, but this combination has not been tested.
The following procedure describes how to download, install, and use WSE 2.0 to trap SOAP requests and responses.
Visual Studio 2003 must be installed for this procedure. Visual Studio .NET does not support this functionality.
- Download WSE 2.0 SP3 or later from the WSE 2.0 download site.
- Install the program on the computer that hosts the ArcWeb application and contains Visual Studio 2003.
- Start Visual Studio 2003 with the ASP.NET project to monitor.
- In the Solution Explorer, right-click on the project name and select WSE Settings.
- Select the General tab in the Web Service Enhancements dialog box and click on both check boxes.
- Select the Diagnostic tab and click on the Enable Trace check box. Browse to a file location to store the file.
- Click OK and build the project. The application to view SOAP requests and responses is now available for use.