Instructions provided describe how to view an Oracle spatial table containing multiple geometry fields in ArcGIS using the Data Interoperability extension.
Use the following steps to view Oracle spatial tables containing multiple MDSYS.SDO_GEOMETRY fields:
- In ArcCatalog, double-click on Add Interoperability Connection in the catalog tree.
Click on the ellipses button (...) next to the Format dropdown list.
- At the bottom of the window under Custom Formats, click on New...
Follow the steps through the wizard that displays.
- In the second page of the wizard, select Oracle 10g/9i/8i Spatial (Object) as the source format. Click Next.
- Click on Settings. Input the connection properties for the Oracle Database.
Under Constraints, click the ellipses button (...)
Select the table containing the data. Click OK twice; click Next.
To expose the parameters, select them now; otherwise click Next.
- Give the custom format a name and description and click Next, then Finish.
- After clicking Finish in the wizard, FME Workbench opens. Specify the MDSYS.SDO_GEOMETRY field.
In the Workbench Canvas > Properties, right-click on the source data.
Click on the Parameters tab.
Type the name of the MDSYS.SDO_GEOMETRY field.
- Save the custom format in Workbench by clicking on File > Save. Close Workbench.
- In the Formats Gallery window select the new format just created. Click OK.
- In the Interoperability Connections window, click OK.
A new connection is created in the catalog tree. Open the connection to Preview the spatial information in ArcCatalog or add it to ArcMap.
The first time the spatial data is viewed, ArcGIS indexes the features.