Mosaic datasets can be shared as an image service and viewed in Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS. In some cases, when analyzing the image service in Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS, it is useful to view individual rasters within the mosaic dataset instead of panning and zooming around a large mosaicked image. This is possible by configuring the app to use the Filter widget to select and view a raster image within the mosaic dataset.
Follow the workflow described below to configure and use the Filter widget in Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS to view individual rasters within a shared image service.
Before publishing the mosaic dataset as an image service for analysis, refer to ArcMap: Considerations when using mosaic datasets and image services in analysis.
- View the image service in ArcGIS Online Map Viewer.
- Create a Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS app. Refer to ArcGIS Online: Create an app starting from Map Viewer for steps to do this. Choose the Web AppBuilder tab as described in step 5 in the web help document. Ignore steps 4 and 6.
- Add the Filter widget to the newly created Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS app. Open Choose Widget and select the Filter widget .
- Configure the Filter widget in the Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS app. Refer to Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS: Configure the Filter widget for steps to do this.
- Select the imagery layer.
- Click the Expressions tab > Add expression.
- For the Display features in the layer that match the following expression section, select Name (String) is Unique as shown in the image below.
- Check the Ask for values check box.
- Save and launch the app.
- Click the Filter button to open the Filter widget. Select an individual raster in the Filter window to view it in Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS. For more information on how to use the widget, refer to Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS: Use the Filter widget.