Information provided describes how to update ArcIMS 4.0 and 4.0.1 to 9.0. This document helps answer common questions about the update process.
- How do I backup all of the configuration files used by the current ArcIMS 4.0/4.0.1 Services?
- A. Record the data locations used by the current ArcIMS Services. (for example, :\\, or \\\\, SDE Settings, etc.)
- Copy any AXL, MXD, and PMF files being used to a safe location.
- Copy the SEZ files (ArcIMSSite.sez and ArcIMSFolders.sez) most commonly located in C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\ArcIMS\AppServer\ to a safe location.
- Record all the Service Properties for each of the Services listed in the ArcIMS Administrator.
The settings and map service names are case sensitive.
- Where can I find the Pre-Install Articles available for ArcIMS 9?
- Where can I find information about the new Registration/Licensing Process required with ArcIMS?
- Where can I find a list of the common problems found when using ArcIMS 9.0?
- Where can I find information on using ArcIMS with HTTPS?
- How do I limit who may access my map services over the internet?
- Once ArcIMS is installed, how do I change the services to run under a non-administrative account?
- To change the account that an ArcIMS Service is using, or change the stored password that ArCIMS is using, follow these steps:
Start > Settings > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services > "Right Click" on the service you want to change (Application Server, Monitor and/or Tasker) > choose "Properties" > Now choose the "Log On" Tab > Enter the account information you want the selected service to use.
- Ensure that the account used for each of the ArcIMS Services (Application Server, Monitor, Tasker) has at minimum the permissions outlined in the following articles: