Instructions provided describe how to transfer attributes within a single feature class using the Attribute Transfer tool in ArcMap.
This article pertains to ArcGIS versions 8.x. Later versions of ArcGIS may contain different functionality, as well as different names and locations for menus, commands and geoprocessing tools.
Follow the steps below to correctly transfer attributes between features in a feature class.
- Select View > Toolbars > Spatial Adjustment to turn on the Spatial Adjustment toolbar.
- Select Attribute Transfer Mapping from the Spatial Adjustment toolbar.
- Click the Source Layer drop-down arrow to set the source.
- Click the Target Layer drop-down arrow to set the target.
- Click a field in the Source Layer’s Field list box.
- Click a corresponding field in the Target Layer’s Field list box.
- Uncheck the 'transfer geometry' option.
- Click the Add button.
Repeat the process for all other fields that are to be used as criteria for the attribute transfer.
- Select the Attribute transfer tool on the Spatial Adjustment toolbar to click once on the source and target features.