The ArcGIS Desktop language setting is available through the ArcGIS Administrator interface once an appropriate language supplement has been installed. Instructions provided describe how to install the appropriate language pack and toggle the installed language pack.
Language specific supplements are rolled into the standard installation for ArcGIS Desktop when installing from a Spanish, French, German, Simplified Chinese, and Japanese version of ArcGIS Desktop. For all other languages, please consult with your ESRI distributor for details on how to localize the current version of ArcGIS Desktop.
The ArcGIS Desktop Language setting can be toggled through the ArcGIS Desktop Administrator to enable users to move between language versions as needed.
- To install the appropriate language pack, use one of the following two procedures.
▪ To install the appropriate language pack for ArcGIS Desktop, run ESRI.exe from the install media. Localized (non-English)versions of ArcGIS Desktop will automatically install the appropriate language supplement.
▪ Alternatively, a pre-existing ArcGIS Desktop installation can be enhanced to include the non-English language of choice by running <CD Root>\Supplement\Desktop<Language>.msi directly after installing ArcGIS Desktop.
- Use the following procedure to toggle the installed language pack.
1. Open the ArcGIS Administrator located at Start > Programs > ArcGIS > ArcGIS Administrator.
2. Click the 'Advanced' button.
3. Select the appropriate language from the drop-down menu.