Steps to setup and test a digitizer for use with ArcView.
- Install the Wintab driver for the digitizing board.
<a href='http://support.esri.com/en/knowledgebase/techarticles/detail/14385' target='_blank'>How To: Install a Wintab driver</a> If installed correctly, the digitizer will work with the Windows operating system as a mouse.
- Configure a digitizer puck button for left click, left-double click, and right click. This is done in the Control Panel created by installing the Wintab driver.
- Test the digitizer.
Steps to test a digitizer for use with ArcView.
- Start ArcView.
- Select Extensions from File pulldown menu and check the Digitizer extension.
- Create a new view.
- Select the draw point tool
Draw point tool
on the toolbar.
- Click the View menu and select Digitizer as Puck. If Digitizer as Mouse is listed, then the digitizer is already in puck mode.
- Use the puck's left click button to click an inch in from each corner of the digitizer tablet. You will not see any points created on screen.
- Press the zoom to full extent button.
Zoom to full extent button.
Four points should appear on screen.
- Use some of the other drawing tools to test creating lines and polygons. Lines and polygons are started with the left click button and ended with the left double-click button.