Instructions provided describe how to set correct ScaleHint values for the ArcIMS 9.0 SP2 WMS Connector for services in decimal degrees. This article is for the ArcIMS 9.0 Service Pack 2 WMS Connector. This does not apply to earlier versions of the WMS Connector.Scale dependencies in Capabilities files for ArcIMS 9.0 SP2 WMS enabled services are incorrect when using ArcIMS services in decimal degree units. This affects a layer’s ScaleHint in the Capabilities files. The issue can be fixed by updating the Capabilities files style sheets, which reference mapunits as 'degrees' instead of 'decimal_degrees'.
Follow the steps below.
- Locate the following two style sheet files in the expanded WAR file in the servlet engine directory structure:
The location where this structure can be found depends on the servlet engine used. Here are some sample values:
- ServletExec: <SERVLETEXEC DIRECTORY>\ServletExec Data\default\wmsconnector\WAR
- Tomcat: <TOMCAT DIRECTORY>\webapps\wmsconnector
- Sun One 7: <Sun ONE Installation Directory>\domains\domain1\server1\applications\j2ee-modules
- WebSphere 5.1: <WebSphere Installation Direcotry>\AppServer\installedApps\<server>
- Open wms_capabilities_111.xsl. Search for the following line:
<xsl:when test="starts-with(//PROPERTIES/MAPUNITS/@units, 'degrees')">
Change the value of 'degrees' to 'decimal_degrees':
<xsl:when test="starts-with(//PROPERTIES/MAPUNITS/@units, 'decimal_degrees')">
Save the file and close it.
- Repeat the process for wms_capaiblities_110.xsl.
- Click Update in the Capabilities column of the WMS Administrator, to update the Capabilities files for each affected service.