The following steps show how to set point symbols to a specific rotation angle.
- Add the point theme to a view.
- Open the point theme's attribute table.
- Select Start Editing from the Table menu.
- Select Add Field from the Edit menu.
- Make the field a number field.
Name the new field something descriptive, such as R_angle. Decimal places are optional.
- Use the Edit tool to type in the appropriate rotation angle for each record.
Negative numbers are acceptable.
If you leave a record blank in the rotation field, or type in a value of 0 or nil, it will use the rotation value for the previous record.
If you highlight the corresponding feature in the view with the Select tool, you will see unexpected results; therefore, if you want a feature to display zero rotation, set its rotation value equal to 360.
- Select Stop Editing from the Table menu once you have the desired values for each record in the new field.
- Save the edits.
- Double-click the theme name in the Table of Contents of your view to bring up the Legend Editor.
- Double-click the symbol to bring up the Symbol Palette.
- Select the appropriate symbol.
- Click the Apply button.
- Click the Advanced Button.
- Select the field that contains the rotation values.
- Click the OK button.
Composite markers cannot be rotated.