You must convert a coverage to a graphic in order to rotate it in ArcMap.
- In the table of contents, right-click Layers and Select Convert Features to Graphics.
- In the table of contents, uncheck the box next to the coverage name. The converted graphics will remain visible.
- Switch to Layout View.
- Click the Select Graphics button on the Draw toolbar and double-click the data frame.
- Select all the graphics.
In the Edit menu click Select All Elements
- Click the Rotate tool on the Draw toolbar.
- Click and drag the mouse on the graphic and release once you reach the desired rotation.
To convert the graphic back to a feature using ArcObjects, follow the link to ArcObjects Online in the "Related Information" section of this article. Select Samples > Editing > Edit Commands > Convert Graphics Command, and follow the instructions to download the file.