Instructions provided describe how to delete the current user name and password used by ArcIMS Administrator and Manager. Once the existing information has been removed, a prompt appears to set a user name and password upon restarting ArcIMS Administrator or Manager.
If the password has been forgotten, this procedure only needs to be followed once. If the password needs to be changed, it can be configured through the ArcIMS Administrator user interface.
- Delete the AimsAdmPw file located in <ArcIMS Installation Directory>\AppServer on Windows or $AIMSHOME/Middleware/Application_Server on Unix/Linux.
For ArcIMS 3.1, delete EsrimapCatalog.ser. All previous services need to be input again. Additionally, recreate any virtual servers users may have created.
- Stop and restart the ArcIMS Application Server Service.
- When using Windows NT, select Start > Settings > Control Panel > Services.
- When using Windows 2000/XP/2003, select Start > Settings > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Component Services.
Stop and Start the ArcIMS Application Server service.
- When using Linux/UNIX, navigate to the $AIMSHOME/Xenv directory and type ./aimsappsrvr stop, then type ./aimsappsrvr start to restart the ArcIMS Application Server Service.
- After restarting the ArcIMS Administrator or Manager application, the new user dialog box prompts to set a user name and password.