Instructions provided describe how to register the extensions for ArcGIS Single Use software.Prior to beginning this process, ensure that you have a valid registration number for each extension, as well as the registration number for the Desktop Single Use software. If any of these numbers are missing, contact ESRI Customer Service before continuing.
Each extension for ArcGIS Single Use has its own unique registration number. The same UNK or EVA number cannot be used in multiple registration fields.
Follow the steps below to register ArcGIS Single Use and its extensions. The user logged in must have administrator privileges.
- Go to Start > Programs > ArcGIS > Desktop Administrator.
- In the left pane, click either 'Register ArcView and Extensions' or 'Register SingleUse and Extensions.'
- In the right pane, click Register Now.
- Select either of the following options, as they both guide you through the same wizard:
'I have installed ArcView and need to register the software'
'I have already registered the software and need to register additions ArcGIS extensions'
- Select the method to process the registration. The Internet method is the quickest.
The remainder of this document assumes the Internet method was selected.
- Over the next two screens, fill in the requested information.
- In the screen titled ArcView or ArcEditor Registration Number, enter the UNK number for either ArcView or ArcEditor and click Next.
- If registering ArcGIS Extensions, select the appropriate option.
The wording varies for different versions.
- Enter the UNK numbers for each of the extension to be registered. Each extension should have its own unique registration number.
- Complete the registration wizard.
- Activate the registered extensions.
Instructions provided describe how the Extensions dialog box in ArcMap and ArcCatalog is used to turn extensions on or off. To use an extension there must be a valid license.
- Start ArcMap or ArcCatalog.
- Navigate to Tool > Extensions.
- Check the extensions to be activated.
- Click Close.