The instructions provided describe how organizations can publicly share ArcGIS Online web maps that contain Bing basemaps. ArcGIS Online organizations with a Bing Maps key can publicly share web maps that contain a Bing basemap. To do this, some settings must be configured in the organization's website. Failure to configure these settings results in the Bing basemap not loading, prompting for login credentials, or other errors.
Follow the instructions provided to publicly share web maps that contain Bing basemaps. An ArcGIS Online organization subscription with a Bing Maps key and an administrator account is required.
A. Enable anonymous access to the organization's URL.
1. Log in as an administrator of the organization.
2. Click the My Organization link in the top banner. The organization page opens.
3. Click the Edit Settings button.
4. Click the Security link on the left side of the page.
5. To enable anonymous access, check the 'Allow anonymous access to your organization' check box.
B. Enable the public sharing of web maps containing the Bing basemaps
1. While still in the Edit Settings section of the organization, click the Map link on the left side of the page.
2. Under the section where the Bing Maps key is entered, select the check box that says 'Allow this Bing key to be used in maps shared publicly by organization members.'