Instructions provided are steps to print the color and symbol palettes that are associated with ArcMap. This process is otherwise known as a StyleDump.
To dump symbols or colors, it is necessary to load a sample development script. Perform the following steps only once.
- Open an empty MXD file in ArcMap.
- Navigate to Tools > Customize.
- Select the Commands tab.
- Click 'Add from File...'.
- Navigate to the Style Dump directory.
· ArcGIS 9.x:
Download the sample from the ESRI Developer Network. See the link in the Related Information section below.
· ArcGIS 8.2 & 8.3:
<drive>:\arcgis\arcexe8x\ArcObjects Developer Kit\Samples\ArcMap\Styles\Style Dump
· ArcGIS 8.1:
<drive>:\arcgis\arcexe81\ArcObjects Developer Kit\Samples\ArcMap\Symbology\Symbols\Style Dump
- Select StyleDump.dll. Click Open.
- The Developer Samples category appears on the Commands tab.
- Drag the StyleDump command from the dialog box to a place on one of the toolbars.
- To print sample symbols or colors:
A. Click Layout View.
B. Click the Style Dump button.
C. Select the Symbol Type.
D. Clicking Display places the symbols in the layout.
To dump symbols from another style, activate a different style through the Style Manager.
- Navigate to File > Print to print the selected palette.
Change the size of the layout by navigating to File > Page Setup.