The following steps will allow ArcView to open a specific project without user interaction whenever ArcView is started.
- Start ArcView.
- Open a new script window.
A. Activate the Project window.
B. Click the Scripts icon.
C. Click New.
- Click the Load System Script button.
- Click Appl.Initialize and click OK.
- Scroll to the bottom of the script window.
- Add the following code to the end of the script substituting <yourpath>/<yourproject>.apr for your path and project.
- Click the Compile button.
- Click Properties from the Script window.
- Change the name from Script1 to Appl.Initialize and click OK.
- Double-click an empty area of the Tool or Button bar.
- Click Make Default in the Customize dialog that appears.
If any extensions are turned on, the Make Default button will be grayed out. Turn off the extensions to finish this process.
- Close the Customize dialog and exit ArcView.
- Restart ArcView.
ArcView should start with the desired project.