Instructions provided describe how to make the directory D:\project\ecology the starting directory when using the taskbar Start button to initiate an ArcInfo Workstation session.
This procedure sets Arc, when it is run from the task bar, to begin in the directory D:\project\ecology.
- Left-click on the Start button on the screen Task Bar.
- Navigate to Programs > ArcGIS > ArcInfo Workstation > Arc.
- With the cursor still on Arc, right-click to bring up the Arc Properties window.
- Select the Shortcut tab.
- In the Start in: window, enter D:\axplay\0calls\04jun\366726.
- Left-click the Apply and OK buttons.
- To test that Arc is starting in the correct directory:
Click the Task Bar Start button and navigate to Arc. Left click Arc. A new ARC window appears. At the Arc: prompt enter the workspace command.
Current location: D:\project\ecology