Instructions provide details about installing ArcReader 8.x with ArcGIS Desktop.
There are two options to install ArcReader 8.x with other ArcGIS Desktop applications.
This only applies to ArcReader 8.x as ArcReader 9 is part of an ArcGIS Desktop Typical installation.
- ArcReader is part of the ArcGIS 8.2 and 8.3 Desktop installation. While installing ArcView, ArcEditor, or ArcInfo select the Custom or Complete option to install ArcReader. If Custom is selected then select ArcReader as one of the applications to install. It will automatically be installed if selecting the Complete option.
- If ArcGIS 8.2 or 8.3 is currently installed, add ArcReader to the system using the steps below.
1. Navigate to Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs.
2. Highlight ArcGIS Desktop.
3. Click the Change or Add/Remove button which initializes the ArcGIS Desktop setup program.
4. Click the Add/Remove button.
5. Select ArcReader as one of the applications to install.
This will add ArcReader to the current ArcGIS installation.