Instructions provided describe how to install and authorize the ArcLogistics 9.3 software.
The computer must meet certain minimum system requirements to install and use ArcLogistics 9.3. These are generally the same as ArcGIS 9.3. For full details and the latest information on system requirements and recommended system requirements, visit ArcLogistics 9.3 System Requirements.
Uninstall any previous versions of ArcLogistics 9.3 (RC1 or Beta) and uninstall ArcGIS Engine if a version prior to 9.3 final (1770) is present.
Copy the ArcLogistics 9.3 software authorization file (.ecp) to a local machine.
If the ArcLogistics 9.3 authorization file has not been obtained, it can be retrieved by registering the ArcLogistics 9.3 product through the Software Authorization Wizard.
- Insert the ArcLogistics software CD.
- Using Windows Explorer or Start > Run�, execute setup.exe in the root directory of the CD.
- Follow the installation instructions.
- At the end of the installation, the ‘Software Authorization Wizard’ appears. The software must be registered prior to use. There are two options to choose from:
▪ Option 1 - The ArcLogistics 9.3 software authorization file (.ecp) has not been obtained.
Select the first option in the Registration Options window to be directed to the Web Registration page of Esri’s Customer Service Web site and to generate the authorization file (.ecp) after registering the product.
Enter the ArcLogistics registration number located in the e-mail or letter received from Esri Customer Service. The registration number consists of 3 letters and a series of numbers similar to ABC123456789.
Return to the ‘Software Authorization Wizard' and perform Option 2 to associate the authorization file (.ecp) and complete the software authorization process.
▪ Option 2 - The ArcLogistics 9.3 software authorization file (.ecp) was obtained.
Select the second option in the Registration Options window to be directed to browse to the location where the .ecp file is saved.
After completing the authorization process of ArcLogistics 9.3, launch the application from the ArcLogistics item on the Windows Start menu.
- If the Software Authorization Wizard was cancelled, the software can be registered and the .ecp file can be applied by running ‘Software Authorization’ from the ArcLogistics item on the Windows Start menu.