Fields can be modified by editing the file defaults.xml.
The default field length is 35 for the order Comment and 25 for the order Description. However, the defaults.xml file can be edited to increase the field size.
Make a backup of defaults.xml before performing any edits.
- Navigate to the defaults.xml file.
• On Windows XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ArcLogistics
• On Windows Vista and Windows 7:
- Open defaults.xml and locate the <customorderproperties> tag at the end of the file.
- Add this text to the file:
<Property Name="Description" MaxLength="25" />
<Property Name="Comment" MaxLength="35" />
- Edit the MaxLength parameter to the needed length.
- Save the file.
These changes take effect the next time a new project is created.