ArcGIS extensions can be found on the same CD as the product itself. ArcView or ArcEditor Single Use contain the option to install and evaluate the following extensions:
· 3D Analyst
· Spatial Analyst
· Geostatistical Analyst
· Tracking Analyst
· Survey Analyst
· Data InteroperabilityFor information on extensions not found on this list, contact ESRI Customer Service
Some ArcGIS Desktop Extensions are now included free, depending on which product, ArcView, ArcEditor or ArcInfo, is licensed. See the link in the Related Information section below for more information on ArcGIS Desktop Extension Consolidation.
Selecting the 'Complete' option during the software installation installs all of the above extensions are installed. The 'Typical' installation option only installs the core ArcGIS Desktop functionality and does include any extensions. The 'Custom' options allows the user to select which features get installed, including extensions.
Use the following procedure to install the extensions required if the 'Complete' install option was not used or skip to step 6 to register and/or evaluate ArcGIS Desktop extensions.
The evaluation period is 30 days from the day the registration is submitted. Extensions cannot be re-evaluated after initial expiration.
- Insert the ArcGIS Single Use CD used to originally install the software.
- Select the 'Modify' option and click Next.
- Expand the Extensions list by clicking '+'.
- Select to install all extensions by selecting the graphic next to 'Extensions' or select from the list of individual extensions.
- Complete the remaning install steps.
- Navigate to Start > Programs > ArcGIS > Desktop Administrator.
- Select Register Single Use and Extensions and click the 'Register Now' button the right-hand side.
- Select 'I have already registered ArcGIS and need to register additional extensions' and click Next.
- Select the registration method to use and then continue through the wizard until the 'Evaluate ArcGIS Extensions' screen.
- Select 'I would like to evaluate one or more of the following extensions...' and check the boxes for the desired extensions.
- Complete the registration process.
Alternatively, visit the ESRI Customer Service Web site and use the Product Registration form. An authorization file is issued, use the Registration Wizard in the Desktop Administrator to navigate to the new file.