ArcView doesn't provide a way to edit the icons available in the Icon Manager. This article discusses a workaround involving a screen capture and an image editor.
- Load icons from the Icon Manager into a palette.
- Open an empty view and use the Draw tool to place one or more of the icon marker symbols into into the view.
- Resize the symbol to make it the same size as a regular icon.
- Press Atl+'Print Screen' to capture the active window on your screen. The captured image will be placed in your system's clip board.
- Start an image editing application such as Microsoft Paint, Paint Shop Pro, Adobe Photoshop, and so forth.
- Paste the screen capture into a new file.
- Crop the desired icon and make any necessary changes.
- Save the image as a BMP file.
- Load the BMP file into the Icon Manager.
Refer to the ArcView Help topic, "Loading an icon."