Instructions provided describe how to display an image associated with a feature using the identify tool.
Instead of creating a hyperlink, users can display an image by creating a raster field and using the Identify tool.
A raster field can only be created within a feature class. This field type is not available for shapefiles.
- Add the feature class to ArcMap and open the attribute table.
- Go to Options > Add Field.
- Give the field a name and select the type to be 'Raster'.
- Close the attribute table and start an edit session for the geodatabase that the feature class resides.
- Select a feature using the Edit tool and open the Attributes window from the Editor toolbar.
- Select the Raster field on the right by clicking on it. After the field is selected, an icon appears next to <Null>. Click this icon.
- A new window opens. Right-click in this window and select 'Load'.
- Browse to the image you want to display, select it and hit 'Add'. In the attribute table, <Null> should change to <Raster>.
- Close out of the attribute table. Use the Identify tool to select the feature that the image is added to. In the Identify window, select the icon next to <Raster>. The image that was loaded appears.