Instructions provided describe how to create and manage enclosures in the metadata. Enclosures are documentation, such as a report describing how values are collected, or an image detailing an equation. Enclosures are similar to e-mail attachments. A copy of this file can be enclosed in an item's metadata.
To create and manage enclosures in the metadata, follow the procedure below:
- Open ArcCatalog. In the Catalog tree, select the table or feature class to which an attachment is necessary.
- Click the Metadata tab.
- Click the Metadata Properties button on the Metadata toolbar.
If the Metadata toolbar is not already active, click View > Toolbars > Metadata.
- In the Metadata Properties dialog box, click the Enclosures tab.
- Click the Add button.
- Click the Browse button.
- Navigate to and click the file to attach. Click Open.
- If necessary, enter a description of the file.
- If the enclosed file is an image, such as a JPEG file, check the Image box.
- Click OK twice.