Write or modify a link file for adjusting and georeferencing a raster in ArcMap's Georeferencing toolbar.
- Open an existing link file, or create a new one, in a text editor, such as Notepad.
- On the first line, type the words 'link table'. This is optional with ArcGIS version 8.2.
- Type the coordinates in each line following the format as shown here:
<from X> <from Y> <to X> <to Y>
Be certain to separate each coordinate with spaces.
00.00000 10.00000 247192.14926 4529042.15691
20.00000 10.00000 268268.43716 4528384.66485
20.00000 00.00000 267866.63661 4514504.26643
00.00000 00.00000 246717.29358 4515161.75894
The words 'link table' are not required when using ArcGIS 8.2
- Save the file and close the text editor.
- Start ArcMap and add the raster to the display.
- Activate the Georeferencing toolbar by right-clicking near the menu bar and checking the Georeferencing option.
- Select the raster as the layer.
- Click the View Link Table button on the far right of the toolbar.
- Click Load and select your link file. If Auto Adjust is selected at the bottom of the menu, the raster will automatically adjust, based on the links in the file.