Instructions provided describe how to configure Windows 7 Internet Connection Firewall (ICF) to work with the License Manager.Ports are sometimes blocked for security. Instructions provided below describe the steps to reopen the correct ports and allow ArcGIS to communicate with the License Manager. An alternative to this procedure is to disable the ICF completely. Consult IT personnel before disabling the ICF.
For systems running ArcGIS and Windows 7 with ICF enabled, including the License Manager server, these steps must be run while logged in to the computer with 'administrative' rights. If the user account does not have administrative rights, contact a system administrator.
By default, the lmgrd daemon starts on port 27000 if the port is available, or else it will start on the next open port within the range 27000–27009.
- Configure the ArcGIS License Manager to work through a firewall
DO NOT use "PORT=1234" on line two, use one of the following port numbers: 27000-27009.
- Open the ports in the Windows 7 firewall that is specified in the service.txt file for the License Manager.
• The inbound port allowed on the client firewall should be the one specified on the first line of the service.txt file.
• On the License Manager machine, both the inbound ports should be allowed.
• The outbound ports allowed on the client should be both the ports specified in the service.txt file.
• On the License Manager machine, the first port in the service.txt file should be allowed for the outbound port.