Instructions provided describe how to configure ArcGIS License Manager to work through a firewall. The steps provided require that the license manager be briefly stopped. During this time, connections to the license manager may be lost.
At the end of line one in the service.txt file, there is the option to specify a port number immediately after ANY. On the VENDOR line, add PORT=####, where #### is a specific port number to be designated to lock the vendor daemon to a specific port. For example, 27001. After making these changes, the service.txt file should look similar to the example at the end of this procedure.
- In the Windows Services console, stop the ArcGIS License Manager service:
- Click Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services.
- In the Services console, select ArcGIS License Manager and click Stop the service.
- Navigate to the following folder where the service.txt file is located, depending on the system and version:
- Version 10.0 on a 32-bit Windows OS:
- Version 10.1 on a 64-bit Windows OS:
C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS\License10.1\bin
- Make a backup of the service.txt file and place it in another folder in case it is needed.
- In the service.txt file, update the first two lines to look like the example shown at the end of this procedure:
Port numbers 27000-27009 may be used here.
- Save the service.txt file.
- Open the License Server Administrator. Click Start > All Programs > ArcGIS > License Manager > License Server Administrator.
- Select the Start/Stop License Service folder and click the Start button.
- In ArcGIS Administrator, set the license manager's hostname on the user's machine running the ArcGIS Desktop 10 software.
- Click Start > All Programs > ArcGIS > ArcGIS Administrator.
- In ArcGIS Administrator, click the Desktop folder and set the License Manager's hostname. Alternatively, use '27000@<server name>', depending on the port designated.
SERVER <HOST_NAME> ANY 27000
VENDOR ARCGIS PORT=27001
FEATURE ACT ARCGIS 1 permanent 1 7ED49106D630