Portal for ArcGIS versions 10.4, 10.4.1, and 10.5 require additional configurations to connect a survey123.arcgis.com website with a Portal. These configurations are not required for Portal for ArcGIS 10.5.1 and newer versions, as these versions are pre-configured to connect to the survey123.arcgis.com website.
Not performing these steps may result in the error message when attempting to sign in to the Portal from the Survey123 for ArcGIS website:
"Invalid client_id, Error: 400"
Adding survey123.arcgis.com as a registered application involves registering an App ID. Follow the steps below to add survey123.arcgis.com as a registered application to Portal for ArcGIS.
Add and share the Survey123.arcgis.com website
- Open the ArcGIS Portal Directory sharing application and log in as a member with administrative privileges. The URL format is:
- Navigate to the administrative user’s content page.
- Under Supported Operations, select Add Item.
- In the Add Item form, enter the following:
- Type: Web Mapping Application
- URL: https://survey123.arcgis.com
- Title: Survey 123 Website
- Tags: survey123
- Click Add Item.
- On the User Item page, under Supported Operations, click Share Item.
- On the Share Item page, set Share with Everyone to True.
- Click Share Item.
Register the survey123.arcgis.com website
- On the User Item page, select and copy the ID value.
- Under Related Operations, click Register App.
- On the Register App page, enter the following:
- Item ID: This is the ID copied in Part II, Step 1.
- App Type: Select a browser from the drop-down menu.
- Redirect URIs: Enter ["http://survey123.arcgis.com", "https://survey123.arcgis.com"] - This value allows the successful authentication response to be sent to the portal URL.
- Click Register App. The Registered App page displays the App ID.
- On the Registered App page, copy the App ID value.
Change the Survey123 App ID
- Open the ArcGIS Portal Directory admin application and log in as a member with administrative privileges. The URL format is:
- Navigate to Home > Security > OAuth > Change App ID.
- On the Change App ID page, enter the following:
- Current App ID: This is the App ID copied in Part II, Step 5.
- New App ID: Enter survey123hub.
- Click Change App ID.
Use the Survey123 for ArcGIS website to connect to Portal for ArcGIS
- Navigate to the survey123.arcgis.com website, and add a portalUrl parameter (note the capitalization). For example, if a Portal is "portal.domain.com/arcgis", the following URL is used to load the Survey123 for ArcGIS website: