The AltSize parameter in an .avp file controls the vertical hatch size for the line object. You can change this parameter by editing the appropriate .avp file in a text editor such as Microsoft WordPad.
In this example, change the two railroad line symbols in the line palette for the default.avp file. The default value for the AltSize parameter for these two symbols is set to .5. In order to change the vertical hatching size for the two railroad symbols in the default.avp line palette, follow the steps below.
Make a backup of the default.avp before performing these steps.
- Open the default.avp file found at C:\ESRI\AV_GIS30\ARCVIEW\symbols in a text editor, such as Microsoft WordPad.
- Use the Find option under the Edit menu to locate the objects VLnHsh.152 and VlnHsh.156.
- Change the AltSize parameter from .5 to a size that is more appropriate.
- Save the changes to default.avp.
- Start ArcView. You should now see the changes in the line palette.